The CEO has primary responsibility for the success of the Association in achieving its objectives and in ensuring that the Association is properly managed in accordance with the policies adopted by the Board.
The CEO’s responsibilities include:
- Leading the Association in accordance with the strategies and policies adopted by the Board to achieve the Association’s objectives;
- Developing strategies and policies for the Association and in that regard bringing initiatives to the Board;
- Monitoring the political, economic, legislative and regulatory environment relevant to the industry;
- Acting as the Association’s principal spokesperson with general responsibility for the effective exercise of the Association’s representational work;
- Ensuring that the Association’s policies and views are clearly communicated in a timely manner to target audiences, in particular to Government, government departments and regulators;
- Ensuring that the Association is appropriately represented in relevant forums;
- Growing the membership of the Association;
- Ensuring that Association committees operate effectively and deliver outcomes in line with the Board’s priorities;
- Ensuring that the Association’s work is aligned with the Board’s priorities and operates to budget and in accordance with its legal and corporate obligations;
- Reporting through the Chair to the Management Committee and the Board on the Association’s performance; and Subject to Board policies, responsibility for all matters pertaining to the employment of Association staff.
The successful candidate will be a self starter who has excellent inter personal skills and who has experience in the investment management industry either in a front office or distribution role. Ideally, the successful candidate will have an understanding of the legal and regulatory environment. The position is full time but the Association is prepared to consider an element of flexibility.
APPLICATION PROCESS PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Application [comprising of covering letter and CV] should be sent to email@example.com by Thursday 13th February 2020.